- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- sprinkle of salt freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- vegetable oil for frying
Place all ingredients except oil in food processor and process until roughly chopped. The mixture should be able to be shaped into a ball and hold together.
Form mixture into 4cm sized balls and flatten gently.
Heat about 1cm depth of oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the felafel until crisp and golden on each side.
Drain on kitchen paper.
Serve with hummus, pita bread, tabouli, cucumber, tomato or green salad.