- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 kg lamb pieces
- 2 Onions, peeled & thinly sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- 1 Tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Planet Organic Turmeric
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp Planet Organic Chilli, fl akes
- ¼ tsp Cardamom seeds, ground
- 2 cups Imagine Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 can Ceres Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Dried Figs, cut in half
- 1 cup Dried Apricots, cut in half
- Sea Salt
- white ground pepper
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Inca Red Quinoa cooked
- big handful fresh basil, coriander and
- mint leaves
1 . Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a heavy-based frying pan heat olive oil and brown
the lamb pieces. Remove and place in a large casserole.
2 Stir onions and garlic in the saucepan for
about 5 minutes until limp.
3 Put in all the spices and fresh ginger and stir for another
4 Add spice mixture to the lamb in a casserole. Stir in
chicken broth, chopped tomatoes (including juice), tomato
paste, fi gs and apricots.
5 Cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
6 Season with salt and pepper then fold in the cooked red
quinoa and fresh herbs.
7 Serve with a dollop of Tahini Sauce
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.