Whether the original version of the Anzac Biscuit is Australian or New Zealand is undecided. This version is for the Aussies – with both macadamias and mango.
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 100g dried mango slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 180 C
Melt butter and golden syrup, dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add. Mix sugar, oats, coconut and flour in a bowl and add liquid. Mix to combine, and then add the chopped mango and macadamias.
Roll into balls and place on a greased tray, flatten with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a golden brown colour.