- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 400g chicken fillets, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 140g Highmark fine egg noodles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and add onion, garlic and celery, cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add carrot and cook for a further minute.
Increase heat and add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add
mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour the chicken stock into
the saucepan and bring to the boil add noodles and cook for 5 minutes until noodles are cooked, season to taste and serve sprinkled with parsley.