This curry is an easy and delicious week night dinner.
You can chop and change vegetables to suit your palate and fridge.
My teens prefer more vegetables and no chickpeas.
Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons neutral flavoured oil
- 3 tablespoons (depending on brand) Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- juice and finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 500ml (2 cups) Campbells Real Vegetable Stock
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Crisp fried shallots and coriander leaves for garnish
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and ginger and cook, stirring, while the paste becomes fragrant.
Add the pumpkin and turn to coat with the curry mix, then add lime juice and rind, stock, coconut cream, fish sauce, sugar and chickpeas.
Simmer for 20 minutes until the pumpkin is tender and then stir through the spinach leaves.
Serve topped with crisp shallots and coriander leaves