- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons neutral flavoured oil
- 400g beef steak e.g. rump, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 leek, white part and some of lighter green, sliced into thin rings
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced on the diagonal
- large handful button mushrooms, sliced
- 125g snow peas, roughly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- squeeze of lime juice
Heat the oils in a large frypan or wok and when hot add the beef and garlic, stir-fry
until the meat is lightly browned, add the ginger and soy to the pan and toss to combine. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
Add a little more oil and stir-fry leek until just softened, add the celery
and mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes more before adding snow peas and cooking for a further minute.
Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and lime juice to pan, return the beef and heat through. Serve immediately with steamed rice.