Preparation: 20 minutes
- 200 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400 g Swiss Brown or White Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Malaysian Laksa paste
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 cups fish or chicken stock
- 300 g firm white fish fillets (eg blue eye or ling), skinned and cubed
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 75 g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
Place the noodles into a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the noodles and place into 4 deep serving bowls. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Wok over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until tender.
Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the fish to the soup and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
Place the green onions and 1/2 the bean sprouts on the noodles in the serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup into the serving bowls, drizzle with lime juice and top with remaining bean sprouts.