- 750g meaty pork spare ribs, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsly ground black pepper
- rice bran or peanut oil
Place pork ribs into a shallow baking dish dish with soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, pepper and 1 tablespoon of oil. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight if possible.
Heat oil in a large saucepan to a depth of 3 cm. Lift pork from marinade and shake excess off. When oil is sizzling hot cook ribs in batches until well coloured and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Serve as part of a shared meal.