- 3 kg baby octopus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Clean octopus and remove beaks, place in a saucepan with 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar, cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the octopus begins to curl and turn pink, lower the heat cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Allow the octopus to cool and drain, combine the cooled octopus with garlic, parsley, 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl. Pour the olive oil over the top and refrigerate, bring back to room temperature before serving.