- 10 almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped continental parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 500g squid tubes, halved and scored
Crush the almonds with 2 tablespoons parsley and a pinch of salt. In a small frypan heat the oil and garlic until the garlic is fragrant and starting to sizzle, add the vinegar and simmer slowly for a few minutes. Add the almonds and the parsley and simmer for 5 minutes, set aside. Sprinkle the squid with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook over a grill or frypan for a couple of minutes, careful not to overcook as the squid will toughen. Place in a serving dish and cover with the warm sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with aioli.