- 1.4 kg silver beet
- 6 tablespoons seedless raisins
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 115g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 100g lightly toasted breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash silver beet well and chop off the toughest stalks. In a large saucepan bring a little salted water to the boil, add the silver beet and cook until tender. Drain and cool.
Meanwhile place the raisins in a bowl and cover with water, leave to soak.
Heat a little olive oil in a large frypan and cook the onion until tender.
Squeeze any excess moisture from the silver beet, finely chop and add to the onion, cook over a medium