This quick and easy salmon dish is so full of flavour and delicious.
It takes minutes to make and is great for family dinner or entertaining.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets, skin on
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon lightly toasted sesame seeds (black or white)
- 1 tablespoon crisp fried shallots
- Asian slaw to serve
Combine the soy, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup, miso paste and ginger in a small saucepan. Whisk over a medium heat until it starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat a film of oil in a large frying pan over a medium – high heat.
Cook the salmon skin side down for 3 minutes before carefully turning and cooking for a further 2 minutes. The salmon will still be pink in the middle so cook for longer if you prefer it cooked through. Remove from the heat and immediately pour over the caramel miso.
Serve the salmon sprinkled with chopped spring onion, sesame seeds and crisp fried shallots. Serve the slaw alongside.