My friend Leanne makes the best chicken sandwiches and this recipe is thanks to her.
- 1 rotisserie chicken (without stuffing)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup aioli
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 loaves sandwich sliced bread
Remove flesh from chicken and discard skin and bones. Chop flesh finely and then place in a bowl. Mix in enough aioli and mayonnaise to form a moist but not sloppy texture and then add celery, onion and parsley into the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread filling over half the bread slices and top with other half. You will probably only need 1 3/4 slices of the bread, depending on how thick you want your filling to be.
Cover with a damp tea towel or wrap in plastic cling film.
Prior to serving remove crusts with a bread knife – electric are great as you don’t need to place pressure on the bread and can avoid squashing it down.
Cut sandwiches into fingers, triangles or squares.