- 8 medium vine ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber
- 4 red capsicums
- 1 thick slice sour dough bread
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- few drops of Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (can use light olive oil)
- 18 medium prawns, raw
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups water
- 6 sprigs fresh basil
Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds and juice. Cut cucumber in half and discard
seeds and membrane. Chop tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum roughly. Cut crusts
from bread and discard and chop bread roughly.
Whiz tomatoes, cucumber, capsicums, bread, onion in food processor until
smooth. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, sherry vinegar, Tabasco
and olive oil.
Cover and chill for an hour.
Shell and devein prawns leaving tails. Bring white wine and water to the
boil and reduce to a simmer, poach prawns for 2 minutes until flesh is opaque.
Remove and set aside. Pour soup into 6 bowls and top with 3 prawns and a
sprig of basil.