These have great flavour and texture, just the thing for parties.
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 450g lamb mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g feta, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspon dried dill tips
- 1 clove garlic crushed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Place the onion, garlic, parsley, mint, chilli and spices into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
Place the mince, breadcrumbs and feta in a bowl and using your hands mix in the onion and herb mixture ensuring that it is well mixed. Season with black pepper and a little salt if you like (depending on how salty the feta is).
Roll the mince into 30 walnuts sized balls.
Combine the yoghurt, dill, garlic and salt together in a small bowl.
Heat a film of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, cook the balls in batches, turning at times, until well coloured and cooked through.
Serve the warm kofta with toothpicks and the dill yoghurt dipping sauce.