- 2x 200g Regal Wood Roasted Salmon with mixed peppers and spices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- 70g pistachios or pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 250g sundried tomatoes
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
In a heavy-based saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, melt the butter and the olive oil over a medium heat.
Add the orzo pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the rice and stock and raise the heat to bring to a boil. Cover the pot and cook for 17-18 minutes, until tender.
In a food processor, combine the parsley, mint, nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Turn the processor on and stream in 4-5 tablespoons oil to make creamy consistency.
Marinate the sundried tomatoes to taste and spring onions (can be done earlier) with about 1 tablespoon oil, then season with salt and pepper.
Stir the pesto into the rice and orzo to combine.
Break the Wood Roasted Salmon into pieces and serve on top of the pesto pilaf with the marinated sundried tomatoes.