- small wedge of parmesan for shaving
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 ripe pears (still firm and crisp)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Shave a small handful of parmesan with a potato peeler onto a piece of kitchen paper. Heat a non-stick fry pan and toast the walnuts gently for a minute or two until
they are fragrant. Remove from the heat and roughly chop.
Toss the prosciutto into the hot pan until it just starts to crisp, set aside. Slice the pears
thinly, discarding the core, mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt
and pepper in a bowl and then toss the pear slices and walnuts in the dressing.
Arrange pears and walnuts on salad plates and scatter the parmesan on top.
Top with crispy prosciutto.