- 6 slices Italian bread toasted, rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Olive oil
- 300g halloumi, cut into 6 slices
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup small black olives – Ligurian or Riviera
Top each slice of bruschetta with a slice of prosciutto.
Heat enough olive oil just to cover the base of a frying pan and cook cheese quickly on both sides until just browned. Place cheese on prosciutto. Add tomato and spring onions to same pan and cook over high heat until just heated through. Spoon tomato mixture over cheese. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with basil leaves and black olives.