- 600 g snapper or other white fleshed fish
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red pepper
- 100 g mushrooms finely chopped, mushroom mixture of oyster, shittake etc… is ideal.
Chop snapper into approximately 8 cm lengths. Place in a dish with soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and cornflour and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
Cut sheets of baking paper large enough to encase each fish piece with topping into a snug parcel.
Place a piece of fish in the centre of each piece of paper. Top with a scattering of lemon grass, ginger, spring onion, red pepper and mushroom.
Wrap into a parcel and place folded side down in a bamboo steamer. Steam for 10 minutes or until fish is opaque.