- 3 Quality Mark lamb rumps, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh sweet marjoram or oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1½ cups cooked Israeli couscous
- 1 head baby cos lettuce, leaves separated and torn into pieces
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 radishes, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons shelled and toasted pistachio nuts
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
Recipe shared courtesy of NZ Beef + Lamb
Preheat the oven to 190°C conventional bake.
Combine marinade ingredients then rub over the lamb. Cover and leave in a cool place for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse. Place a roasting dish in the oven to heat.
Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and brown the lamb on all sides. Transfer lamb to the heated roasting dish, place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and leave to rest, covered loosely with foil for 10 minutes, before slicing across the grain.
Place all prepared ingredients, except pistachio nuts in a large bowl ready for dressing.
Citrus vinaigrette: Place citrus vinaigrette ingredients in a small screw top jar and shake well. Season to taste.
To serve: Divide lamb slices between 4 plates. Toss salad in the citrus vinaigrette and place beside the lamb slices. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts and serve immediately.