- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste (more or less depending on intensity of paste)
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn into pieces
Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
Cut the chicken breasts across on a sharp diagonal into 2.5cm strips.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the curry paste, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Pour in the coconut cream and coriander. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir the chicken into the sauce and gently cook until tender and cooked through.
Stir the torn basil into the coconut chicken and adjust seasonings to suit. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and top with the chicken.