- 200g bean thread vermicelli
- 1/2 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful coriander leaves
- handful basil leaves
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large handful mung bean sprouts
- small handful mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 100g roasted and salted cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablsepoon rice bran oil
Soak the vermicelli in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well and chop a little with kitchen scissors.
Combine vermicelli, cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, onion, sprouts and pineapple on a large platter or bowl.
Mix the garlic, chilli, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and oil together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust flavours as needed. It should have a sweet, sour, salty flavour. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss and serve.