See how to store and care for your Christmas Cake.
- 100g Tasti dried peaches
- 100g Tasti dried apricots
- 100g Tasti ready to eat figs
- 140g Tasti brazil nuts
- 150g Tasti blanched almonds
- 100g sweetened dried cranberries
- 100g Tasti glace green cherries
- 100g Tasti glace red cherries
- 150g sultanas
- 70g Tasti cashew nuts
- 50g Tasti macadamia nuts
- 100g Tasti crystallised ginger
- 3 size 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 130°C. Line a 24cm ring tin with two layers of brown paper and then one layer of baking paper.
Cut the peaches into strips and very roughly chop the apricots and figs. Roughly chop the brazil nuts and almonds. Combine the dried fruit, nuts and ginger in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and brandy together until thick and creamy, sift over the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour the mixture over the fruit and nuts and mix well.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
Bake for 2 hours, covering the top with foil if it browns too quickly.
Allow cake to cool in tin and then store in a cool, dry spot in an airtight container.
- For a spectacular decoration, brush cake with with warmed berry jam and then cover with extra dried fruit and nuts. Brush generously with more jam and allow to cool. Slice with a sharp serrated knife.