This recipe is delicious and is great for a light yet interesting meal.
The ingredient quantities are loose as exact measurements are not needed.
Cavolo Nero provides such a great texture and has a fairly mild flavour. It is a relation of both cabbage and kale yet is so much nicer than both. if not available then I would recommend a mixture of very finely shredded cabbage and spinach.
- 8 small baguette slices
- 8 slices Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto
- small handful walnut pieces, lightly toasted
- 3-4 handfuls shredded cavolo nero. (or finely shredded cabbage and spinach mixed)
- 200g multi coloured cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup homemade aioli. (see our recipe for quick and easy aioli)
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Arrange the bread slices on a tray and cover with Parmesan.
Bake until the bread is almost crisp and the Parmesan melted.
Change the oven setting to grill, arrange the prosciutto on a tray and grill until crisp.
In a large salad bowl arrange cavolo nero, tomatoes, spring onion and walnuts.
Break the prosciutto into large pieces and add to the salad along with the Parmesan baguette slices.
Top with dollops of aioli and serve.