- 3 fish fillets (e.g. blue cod, tarakihi, cardinal)
- 75 g fresh wholemeal or wholegrain breadcrumbs (about 3 slices of bread)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs, e.g. parsley, thyme, mint, rosemary
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80g cheese, grated
- lemon juice to dampen, to hold mixture together
Preheat oven to 200 C.
Lay fish fillets in a single layer in an oven dish. Mix topping ingredients together and press firmly on top of each fish fillet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and crispy and the fish is cooked through.
i. A food processor can be used to make the topping ingredients.
ii. The fatter the fish fillets, the longer the cooking time needed.
iii. 2 tablespoons of dried herbs can be substituted for the fresh herbs, but there will be a difference in the flavour.
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.