- 3/4 baguette
- 150g halloumi (firm style suitable for pan frying)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- small handful basil leaves, torn
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice bread into 2.5cm thick slices. Grill until golden and brush with olive oil.
Combine tomato, onion, basil, extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Slice halloumi into 3mm thick strips. Heat oil and pan fry until golden, drain on paper towels.
Place a slice of halloumi on toasted bread and top with salsa mixture.
Serve at once.