- 1/2 quantity pizza dough (see below)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Use a half quantity of pizza dough - the other half can be used to make garlic pizza bread or another flavour of pizza.
Preheat oven to 220 C. Heat oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the mince over a medium high heat.
Reduce heat and add onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, cinnamon and season with salt. Cook for a few minutes until onion has softened a little and mince has cooked through.
Roll pizza dough and line an oiled 32cm pizza pan with dough. Spread with tomato paste and then top with the lamb mince mixture.
Cook for 12-15 minutes until base is golden and crisp.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes and then top with dollops of hummus, tomato, parsley, sea salt and ground pepper and a drizzle of good olive oil.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a really tasty grown up vegetarian pizza option try pumpkin, feta and sage pizza