- 30 g butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock (or water)
- salt and pepper
- 200g cooked mussels, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium potato cooked (with or without skin) cut into smallish chunks
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Melt butter, saute onion and garlic until soft. Add mushrooms and saute a minute longer. Remove from heat and add flour, stir well. Add wine and stock a little at a time until well combined. Add salt and pepper, mussels, potato and cream. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer 5 minutes stiring often. Stir in parsley, saving a little to sprinkle on top.
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.