Who else is a chicken noodle soup fan? It is a favourite soup in this house and is easily made with pantry staples.
The whole soup is pretty much ready in about 20 minutes and is a great way to utilise leftover cooked chicken and vegetables.
What is your favourite addition?
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon rice bran or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 litre (4 cups) Campbells™ Real Chicken Stock
- 2cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 100g dried rice noodles
- 1 large handful shredded cooked chicken
- Small handful coriander leaves to garnish
- ¼ cup crisp shallots/onion to garnish
Heat the oils in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion, garlic, carrot and celery for 5 minutes.
Add the stock plus 2 cups cold water to the pan and bring to the boil. Add the ginger and fish and soy sauces.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the celery is tender.
Add the noodles and chicken to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the noodles are
cooked through and the chicken hot.
Distribute the soup between 4 bowls and serve topped with crisp shallots and coriander leaves.