- 6 rhubarb stems, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe but firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (can use frozen)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g cold butter, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the rhubarb in an ovenproof baking dish (the one you plan to cook the crumble in). Sprinkle over the sugar, cover with a lid or foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Place the brown sugar, flour, coconut, oats, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add the banana and strawberries to the rhubarb and then sprinkle over the crumble topping.
Cook for 30 minutes or until topping is golden and firm.
Serve warm with cream, ice cream or custard.