- 180 g butter
- 3 rounded tablespoons icing sugar
- 160 g flour
- 20 g cocoa
- 4 level tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Ingredients for Coffee Butter Cream:
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in a scant tablespoon of boiling water
- 60 g butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar, approx
Beat butter and sugar together well. Add sifted dry ingredients. Roll small teaspoon mixture into balls and place on greased oven sheet and flatten with a floured fork. Cook at 150° about 15-25 minutes until melting moments are cooked through. Sandwich together with butter cream and serve dusted with cocoa.
To make Icing:
Combine dissolved coffee, softened butter and icing sugar together and beat well.
Makes approx. 20 – depending on the size.