- 1 kg chicken pieces or breasts (if using breasts cut into pieces leaving skin on)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, crushed
Preheat oven to 200 C. Put chicken into plastic bag with oil & salt and pepper & shake to coat all over then transfer into a baking dish & cook 20 minutes or until skin is starting to brown.
Whilst this is cooking prepare the glaze by mixing them altogether & then pour over chicken, sprinkle onion over the glaze. Cook a further 10 minutes turning or tossing half way through cooking time.
Serve on rice with a salad.
I also do this with pork.
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.