- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1.5cm chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 sheets Edmonds puff pastry
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, add onion and pumpkin, season and cook stirring at times, until tender. Add pine nuts for the last few minutes of cooking. Remove the pan from the heat, allow to cool and then mix in feta, parmesan, cumin and eggs.
Preheat oven to 180 C.
Cut pastry into 4 x 18cm circles and spoon filling onto one half of each disc. Fold pastry to form a crescent shape and press edges with a fork to seal.
Brush with egg wash or milk if you like and bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden.