- 3 cups self raising flour
- 50g butter
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 125g feta
- 5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 210 C.
Sift dry ingredients into a bowl, then rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, mix in grated cheese and make a well in the centre. Pour milk into the well and mix with a knife just enough to form a soft and slightly sticky dough.
Turn the dough on to a lightly floured bench. Roll dough out into a large rectangle about .5cm thick.
Crumble feta over the dough and sprinkle with mint leaves and red onion. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Roll up into a log and cut into 10 even slices. Place on a cold baking tray, spiral side facing upwards.
Bake for 15 minutes until golden and firm.
* You can also add caramelised onion or pesto to the filling, chopped ham or cooked bacon, finely chopped cooked mushroom etc...