Makes 40 Wontons.
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 125g prawns, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 250g pork mince
- ½ cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 40 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil for deep frying
Place mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for
15-20 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid and finely chop. In a
bowl combine mushrooms, prawns, pork, water chestnuts, spring onions, garlic,
sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine. Mix to combine. Place wrappers
on bench – a few at a time so they do not dry out. Place a spoonful of mixture
along the side of a wrapper and roll into a cigar shape. Brush the edge with water and seal.
Heat oil and when hot quickly cook wontons in
batches until golden and crisp. Serve hot with sweet chilli dipping sauce.